April 12, 2010

Playlist for 4/12/10 Black Diamond Show (WNHU, West Haven, CT, 88.7 FM & www.wnhu.net)

I kept saying that this song was great, this one is one of my favorites, this one's terrific--if I do say so myself, if you missed this week's show, you missed a good one! Blue Moon Rising's "Freight Train" and Lonesome River Band's "(Dancing to the) Tune of a $20 bill" are two of my new favorite bluegrass songs. Pete Seeger's singing the old lullaby "Leatherwing Bat" with Bruce Molsky and Tony Trischka sent shivers down my neck. (My son would say that wouldn't happen if I'd turn the heat up!) And I love French Carpenter telling the story of the fiddle contest at Camp Chase before he plays the tune.

Heard from listeners in Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Italy today! Cool--although the traveler in Italy didn't get a chance to hear it on her hotel's network.

As always, thanks for your support!

The Playlist:

Don Stover -- Black Diamond
Longview -- I've lived a lot in my time
Jethro Burns & Red Rector -- I don't love nobody
Bob Wills & the Texas Playboys -- Bubbles in my beer
White Brothers w/Alan Munde (New Kentucky Colonels) -- Blackberry Blossom
Alecia Nugent -- Hillbilly Goddess
Critton Hollow String Band -- Wooden Nickel
Merle Travis -- Three times seven
Ricky Skaggs & Tony Rice -- Talk about suffering
Fuzzy Mountain String Band -- West Fork Girls
Orville Couch -- Weight's what broke the wagon
Blue Moon Rising -- Freight Train
Bill Monroe & the Bluegrass Boys -- Molly & Tenbrooks
Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver -- Monroe's Mandolin
The Monroe Brothers -- Little Joe
Art Stamper -- The old hen cackled
Blue Highway -- I am near the gate
The Hollow Rock Stringband -- West Fork Gals (via Lee Triplett)
John Reischman & the Jaybirds -- Say Darling Say
Jim Eanes & the Shenandoah Valley Boys -- Don't let your sweet love die
Hank Williams -- Setting the Woods on Fire
The Stanley Brothers -- Your saddle is empty
French Carpenter -- Camp Chase
Country Gazette -- Sweet Allis Chalmers
Foghorn Stringband -- Biddy
Roy Hall & His Blue Ridge Entertainers -- Can you forgive?
Del McCoury & The Dixie Pals -- Take me in chains
The Lilly Brothers & Don Stover -- Tragic Romance
Seldom Scene -- Sad Old Train
The New Pilot Mountaineers -- The Yellow Rose of Texas
The Louvin Brothers -- My Baby's Gone
Tony Trischka -- Salt Creek
Jim & Jesse -- Are you missing me?
Boiled Buzzards -- Grey-haired Dancing Girls
Lonesome River Band -- Tune of a $20 Bill
The Delmore Brothers -- Remember, I feel lonesome, too
Flatt & Scruggs & The Foggy Mountain Boys -- Legend of the Johnson Boys
Pete Seeger, Tony Trischka, & Bruce Molsky -- Leatherwing Bat
Jethro Burns & Red Rector -- Flop-Eared Mule
Don Stover -- Black Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment