March 24, 2013

Top New Bluegrass Songs: Reported March 24, 2013

Top Newer Bluegrass Songs for the period ending 3/24/13

Reported to Bluegrass Unlimited

This month, I'm making a predictive vote: The single from the upcoming Dailey and Vincent album due out in May is gonna be a big hit. Like, if I drop my pen it will fall. I'm not claiming that Dailey and Vincent are a force of nature like unto gravity, but their new album, Brothers of the Highway, is likely to be one of the biggest sellers during the 2013 festival season.

There are still a ton of great songs out there. This month, I started off with about 35 songs on my list of nominees. It took me quite a time to listen and juggle things to get it whittled down to a top 12. The more I listen to the Danny Paisley, Steeldrivers, Mark Houser, Kenny and Amanda Smith, and Joe Mullins records, the harder it is for me to pick out a favorite track! And I obviously liked the new song from Rhonda Vincent. And there's more great music coming this spring and summer!

  1. Dailey & Vincent, Steel Drivin' Man
  2. Rhonda Vincent, I'd Rather Hear I Don't Love You (Than Nothing At All)
  3. Mark Houser and Bluegrass Drive, John the Baptist
  4. The Steeldrivers, Wearin' a Hole
  5. Danny Paisley and the Southern Grass, I Been Walkin'
  6. Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers, She Left Me Standing on the Mountain
  7. Bob Amos, Where the Wild River Rolls
  8. The Hillbenders, Train Whistle
  9. Chris Brashear, Mama's Opry
  10. The Steep Canyon Rangers, Nobody Knows You
  11. Joe Mullins and the Radio Ramblers, A Blue Million Tears
  12. Kenny and Amanda Smith, Catch me if I Try

In addition to submitting top new song reports to Bluegrass Unlimited, we also report Black Diamond Show playlists and actual airplay to Bluegrass Today and the the FOLKDJ-L email list and folkradio.org.

Thanks for your continued support of WNHU and bluegrass and traditional country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment