February 13, 2012

Black Diamond Show Playlist: Feb 13 & Feb 16

Valentine's Day week! Songs of true love and songs of heartbreak! If you miss it Monday lunchtime, you can enjoy these tasty songs with your dinner on Thursday!
  • Artist / Song / Album / Label / Date(s) / Notes
  • Don Stover / Black Diamond / Things in Life / Rounder / 1972 / Theme
  • Jim & Jesse & The Virginia Boys / I’ll Love Nobody But You / In The Tradition / Rounder / 1986
  • Wayne Taylor & Appaloosa / Two Kindred Hearts / It’s Gonna Be a Beautiful Day / Raincoe Music / 2011
  • The Nashville Bluegrass Band / Tell Me Your Love Is Still True / Twenty Year Blues / Sugar Hill / 2004
  • Leon’s Lone Star Cowboys / You’re in my Heart to Stay / Western Swing Chronicles, Volume 2, Leon Chappelear / Origin Jazz Library / c. 1935, 2002
  • Nell Robinson / Turn Your Radio On / On the Brooklyn Road / Red Level / 2011
  • The Blue Sky Boys / Sweetheart Mountain Rose / In Concert, 1964 / Rounder / 1964, 1988
  • Bill Monroe & His Bluegrass Boys / Toy Heart / Anthology / MCA / 1962, 2003
  • The Charlie Sizemore Band / Hard Rock Bottom of your Heart / Good News / Rounder / 2007
  • Hank Williams / Cold, Cold Heart / 40 Greatest Hits / Polydor / 1950, 1978
  • Frank Wakefield & Buster Turner / You’re the one I see in my Dreams / Bluegrass Early Cuts, 1931-1953 / JSP / 1950, 2004
  • Rhonda Vincent & The Rage / Heartbreakin’ Old Achin’ Blues / Ragin’ Live / Rounder / 2005
  • Red Molly / Does My Ring Burn Your Finger? / Light in the Sky / self / 2012
  • Bill Clifton / Dixie Darling / The Early Years / Rounder / 1957, 2011
  • Better Halves / My Internet Date / Tete a Tete / Hillabeanz Music / 2012
  • Robbie Fulks / I Told Her Lies / Lonely Hearts Valentine’s Day Sampler / Bloodshot, Amazon.com / 1995, 2011
  • TriBoro / Good Enough For Now / TriBoro / self / 2004 /
  • Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers / Jubilation Day / Rare Bird Alert / Rounder / 2011
  • Flatt & Scruggs & The Foggy Mountain Boys / We’ll Meet Again Sweetheart / The Complete Mercury Recordings / Mercury / 1958, 2003
  • Kenny & Amanda Smith Band / Why Do You Do What You Do? / Always Never Enough / Rebel / 2005
  • The Gibson Brothers / I’ll Love Nobody But You / Help My Brother / Compass / 2011
  • Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver / Speak Softly You’re Talking to My Heart / Once & For Always / Sugar Hill / 1983
  • Steep Canyon Rangers / Heartbreak Is Real / Deep in the Shade / Rebel / 2009
  • Ricky Skaggs / I Wouldn’t Change you if I Could / Highways & Heartaches / Epic / 1982
  • Lonesome River Band / Tune of a Twenty Dollar Bill / Window of Time / Mountain Home Music / 2006
  • The Louvin Brothers / I Don’t Believe You’ve Met My Baby / Live at the New River Ranch / Copper Creek / 1956, 1988
  • Frank Solivan / Love in my Heart / Selfish Tears / Fiddlemon Music / 2006
  • The Johnson Mountain Boys / Mend This Heart of Mine / Walls of Time / Rounder / 1982
  • Kathy Mattea with Don Williams / Love at the Five and Dime / Walk the Way the Wind Blows / Mercury / 1985
  • Russell Moore & IIIrd Tyme Out / If Your Heart Should Ever Roll This Way Again / Prime Tyme / Rural Rhythm / 2011
  • Hot Club of Cowtown / Keeper of My Heart / What Makes Bob Holler? / Proper / 2011
  • The Missy Werner Band / My First Mistake / Three Kinds of Lonesome / self / 2011
  • Carolina Road / I Know You’re Married, But I Love You Still / Back to My Roots / Rural Rhythm / 2011
  • Claire Lynch with Jim Hurst / I’m Gonna Love You / I’ll Take Love, Songs from the pen of Louisa Branscomb / Compass / 2011
  • Big Country Bluegrass / I Just Want to Grow Old Lovin’ You / Twenty Years of Grass / Hay Holler / 2007
  • Red Allen, Frank Wakefield & The Kentuckians / Somebody Loves You Darling / Bluegrass / Folkways / 1964
  • The Stanley Brothers / Sweetest Love / The Complete Columbia Stanley Brothers / Sony SBME / 1952, 1996
  • Larry Sparks / Those Blue Eyes Don’t Sparkle Anymore / The Last Suit You Wear / McCoury Music / 2007 / Del McCoury, tenor vocal
  • Hank Williams / Baby We’re Really In Love / Live at the Grand Ole Opry / Mercury Nashville / 1950, 1999
  • Don Stover / Black Diamond / Things in Life / Rounder / 1972 / Theme

No comments:

Post a Comment